To Download 6th Sem ->EE2023 ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION SYLLABUS CLICK HERE
To provide comprehensive knowledge of robotics in the design, analysis and control
point of view.
i. To study the various parts of robots and fields of robotics.
ii. To study the various kinematics and inverse kinematics of robots.
iii. To study the Euler, Lagrangian formulation of Robot dynamics.
iv. To study the trajectory planning for robot.
v. To study the control of robots for some specific applications.
UNIT I BASIC CONCEPTS
Definition and origin of robotics – different types of robotics – various generations of
robots – degrees of freedom – Asimov’s laws of robotics – dynamic stabilization of
UNIT II POWER SOURCES AND SENSORS
Hydraulic, pneumatic and electric drives – determination of HP of motor and gearing
ratio – variable speed arrangements – path determination – micro machines in robotics –
machine vision – ranging – laser – acoustic – magnetic, fiber optic and tactile sensors.
UNIT III MANIPULATORS, ACTUATORS AND GRIPPERS
Construction of manipulators – manipulator dynamics and force control – electronic and
pneumatic manipulator control circuits – end effectors – U various types of grippers –
UNIT IV KINEMATICS AND PATH PLANNING
Solution of inverse kinematics problem – multiple solution jacobian work envelop – hill
climbing techniques – robot programming languages
UNIT V CASE STUDIES
Mutiple robots – machine interface – robots in manufacturing and non- manufacturing
applications – robot cell design – selection of robot.
1. Mikell P. Weiss G.M., Nagel R.N., Odraj N.G., Industrial Robotics, McGraw-Hill
2. Ghosh, Control in Robotics and Automation: Sensor Based Integration, Allied
Publishers, Chennai, 1998.
1. Deb.S.R., Robotics technology and flexible Automation, John Wiley, USA 1992.
2. Asfahl C.R., Robots and manufacturing Automation, John Wiley, USA 1992.
3. Klafter R.D., Chimielewski T.A., Negin M., Robotic Engineering – An integrated
approach, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 1994.
4. Mc Kerrow P.J. Introduction to Robotics, Addison Wesley, USA, 1991.
5. Issac Asimov I Robot, Ballantine Books, New York, 1986.